Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2019, 08:17:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

ADVERTISEMENT
Members
  • Total Members: 137
  • Latest: Jase
Stats
  • Total Posts: 67
  • Total Topics: 35
  • Online Today: 9
  • Online Ever: 182
  • (October 31, 2018, 04:06:02 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 4
Total: 4

Welcome

Welcome to the Sane Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have mental health issues, their friends and family and others with questions about mental wellness. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dysthimia - Had never heard of it  (Read 7162 times)

SlowGoer

Dysthimia - Had never heard of it
« on: December 03, 2009, 05:36:02 pm »
I've been kinda down for a couple of years. It started after my partner died, but I thought it was just related to stress.

It just kept going on though.

I never really believed in going to a professional, because it was never really that bad. My son and daughter-in-law knew there was something wrong. She was really pushing me to do something about it.

My doctor just wanted to throw me on prozac or something, but I said no. Finally he sent me to a psychiatrist. He said I have what's called dysthimia. I had never heard about it before. I guess it's just long term depression that doesn't get as bad as regular depression. It made me realize that I'd had it before in my 30s. Am 56 now.

I'm not sure about therapy, but I'm giving it a try. My therapist seems like a compassionate guy. We'll see. I've posted in a forum before.

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.  terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.